Wednesday, September 21, 2011

American Idol Live! Tour Manila, Philippines September 21, 2011

The Idols seemed to enjoy their last show. It sounded as if their voices were at their last legs, and they were happy the tour's finally over. Speaking voices were low and somewhat hoarse. Pia, in particular, seemed languid and low energy--was she not feeling well I wonder?

Surprisingly (to me at least), the crowd seemed to love Stefano and Haley the most. Casey also had quite a number of fans. 

The view from the general admission bleachers was pretty awful and the screens weren't that big. I wish I did bring the binoculars. I am NOT in the future going to sit in GenAd if it's not a band I really like whose songs I can all sing. It's just not worth it.

More amusing than the people onstage were two very loud fans--one guy on each side of me. The guy on my left kept shouting "I love you Stefano", and "Pia, I'll take you home!" and he pretty much "I love you"d every single Idol. The guy on my right kept screaming at every single appropriate moment while taking videos and  pretty much deafened me. They both knew all the lyrics to the Idols' new singles (and their other songs, too).

People were shouting for more at the end of the show but naturally, nothing happened. That's what it's like at set shows like this.

It was ok as an experience but if I wasn't treating someone who wanted to watch and who never gets to watch concerts, I would think it was a waste of money. I would have preferred to watch the seasons of Jordin Sparks, the Davids, or Kris Allen if they'd come to Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment