Thursday, April 15, 2021

Boulangerie22 Trial

Because of their buy 1 take 1 deal I got to try some of Boulangerie 22's products.

Some remarks:

WTF Grande - pretty good fudge cake. Looks to be good value even at full price. Not too sweet but very rich so can't eat too much. The cake has a fine crumb and is moist and there's only a thin layer of icing on top.

Korean garlic cream cheese bun - do not buy if you don't have a hot oven to toast it in. Too chewy otherwise. My toaster oven's upper heating element doesn't work and toasting from the bottom didn't help the chewiness. It has to be toasted all over to become crunchy and good.

Definitely not like the videos I've watched where the whole bun was dunked in melted butter/margarine before baking.

9-grain Tanzhong Whole Rye Loaf - lots of whole seeds to chew on. Dry and breaks easily. Good salty flavor. Definitely too expensive to buy at whole price coming at almost P14/slice.

Would have wanted to try other breads (holy cheesus, floss, custard bun, etc.) but the others I ordered were not given the b1t1 price so I took them off the order.

Delivery frights

In terms of delivery, they use Toktok and the information on the website was so inaccurate I was afraid the driver wouldn't find me. I gave very detailed instructions in the order so I was aghast at the map which had the wrong way given and not enough details. I need not have worried after all since the reciept had all the details from the order form.

Also, the product info was given as clothes and the cost lower than in the bill. Don't know if that's all deliberate to keep shipping costs down...if so I'm thankful. Just made me nervous because I thought perhaps there were some items that became unavailable and I was going to receive the cheapest thing I ordered!

I hope to try more of their products during another sale. It's sad that I have to wait for sales in order to buy food I want to try but hey, at least I can still afford delivery once in a while. So many can't even afford a cup of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment