Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Banapple's Tiramisu Cheesecake - blech!

This is the worst-value cake I've ever had. It's P215 but small and hardly tastes of amaretto.

Was craving tiramisu for a few days so when I saw this cake, I thought it would do the trick. Unfortunately, it was the opposite. If I wasn't such a cheapskate, I would have thrown it out after a few bites without finishing it.

Maybe if it had cost P150 or even P170 at most but at P215, way overpriced.

The label at the store only said "Tiramisu Cheesecake" but the name on the online store is "Dark Chocolate Tiramisu Cheesecake" which is why it had chocolate shavings on top and above the thick, thick crust.

Let's see, the dark crust was around 1.5 cm thick and so was the faintly coffee-flavored "cream" on top. The actual light caramel-colored cheesecake layer was thinner, around 1-1.25 cm.

There was just too much crust, the cheesecake hardly any amaretto flavor and the cream topping just extremely stable and strange. I should probably give up on Banapple anyway. I don't care much for the Banoffee Pie, the Apple Crumble or the other cheesecake I tried before that's now off the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment