Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Unfortunate Christopher Lao

So law student Chris Lao drives his car through flood waters and is caught on national TV. The resulting interview doesn't gain him any friends. We probably laughed along with the crowd when we heard what happened or saw the video on TV.

But come to think of it, who of us hasn't done something monumentally dumb one time or another? Good thing there were no TV cameras then or online/social networking to spread the news to the whole world. Yet it still could happen to us one day. And if it does, what then?

In my case I hope I'd have to grace to admit I made a mistake and not try to put the blame on others (even if there may be some blame). And I'd hope people would put the Golden Rule into practice and not hold it over my head.

Lastly, I hope Mr. Lao has the fortitude not to let this affect him too much as he studies for the bar exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment