Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ube Sansrival

I've long wondered about Cafe Ysabel's sansrival sold at the supermarket.
One day I found someone to share the container with (there used to be a smaller rectangular microwaveable container size but I don't see those anymore---just the 750 mL ones) and tried the ube version. It comes in original (buttercream), mocha, chocolate and ube variants.

For frozen sansrival, I guess it's forgivable that it's chewy and not crunchy but the meringue came in thick, spongy layers and not the thin crunchy layers I prefer. Also, there was just too much buttercream for me. The ube flavor was not distinct. The best thing about it was the abundance of crushed cashews.

I might try the mocha or chocolate flavors but only if they come in the smaller containers.

You can see how thick the meringue was in the photo below. Sorry for the quality--crummy cellphone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment