Thursday, July 28, 2011

Durian Jam

A friend from Davao kindly gave me a bottle of Durian World jam. It's not as intensely durian-y as I would like. Perhaps it's made from hybrid durian instead of the native sort? I like the bitter notes and intense durian taste of the native variety as opposed to the Thai imports or hybrid varieties.

Aside from spooning the jam directly into my mouth and using it as a spread for bread, I like to use it to flavor a cup of brewed coffee. Add some non-dairy creamer and you have the cheap man's version of Blu-Gre's durian coffee!

I tried mixing it in to flavor plain yogurt but I don't care much for the effect. Durian jam and yogurt don't seem to go as well as yogurt with bananas or mangoes or even strawberry preserves from Baguio.

No comments:

Post a Comment