Thursday, July 14, 2011

Crepe for cake

Last night I wanted privacy to read a long document. I went to a food strip intending to try Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's pistachio sans rival which I had been curious about for so long. Unfortunately, it wasn't available and neither was My Little Oscar at Figaro. Starbucks didn't have any cakes I wanted so I decided to have a dessert crepe at Cafe Breton instead. I'd only tried one of their savoury crepes the one time I'd eaten there.

I was planning to try the butter and sugar crepe that I had once read about (it costs only P84+) so it would have been a lot cheaper than the cake I wanted. Then I saw the black cherry preserve and thought it would be a better option.  Desert crepes cost P40 for the crepe plus whatever the sweet stuff cost (I think apples were the cheapest option). However, what I got was a smear of preserves on top and not a filling


The black cherry preserve didn't taste as good as the cherry pie filling used in danishes at French Baker so I was disappointed. Also. they probably use the same batter for sweet and savoury crepes and my crepe tasted faintly of white pepper so it was a bit strange.

I guess I should have splurged on the Chicago cheesecake at CBTL instead. With the 5.5% service charge at Cafe Breton, my cheaper option only saved me around P16 anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment