Thursday, May 13, 2021

"Tiramisu" at Friuli Trattoria

Photo from ph.openrice.com

In one word DON'T, unless you know what you're in for and still want it.

So I was going to buy the cheapest pizza at Friuli Maginhawa. Since I had P180 left in my budget and the cheapest pizza was P230, I looked at the other menu items. Seeing "Tiramisu" in the printout stuck on the table in front of the cashier, I was delighted because I'd been dreaming of tiramisu in the previous weeks. I quickly ordered a slice for takeout. When I saw the tiny 1.5"x1.5" slice in the microwaveable container, I asked if they used real mascarpone cheese for their tiramisu since it seemed quite small for P145. The server just said yes.

When I got home I was horrified to open the box to see a melting square of ice cream instead of tiramisu cake. It turns out what they serve is tiramisu gelato cake. This is the name on the bound menu but they missed out on the word "gelato" in the printout. The cashier didn't even warn me that I might be expecting a melted puddle if I didn't get home quickly and stuck the container in the freezer.

Ugh. Never again.I should have bought a pint of coffee ice cream for P99. Would have been happier and better off.

I wish I knew of a store along Maginhawa that serves real tiramisu. That's already twice that my heart's been broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment